[Asterisk-Users] HW Echo Cancellers

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Thu Mar 9 09:17:00 MST 2006

> Just a note:
>
> This vendor is selling cards with local side echo cancellation.  Most of
> the cards that I purchased didn't have it.  The 3 that I've purchased
> from him did.

Two questions.  One, why the need for local side echo cancellation?  I
thought you could just reverse the connection and it would now disable
echo in the opposite direction?  Just curious, I don't have a T1, and
this is just based on what I've read.

Two, is there any way to tell what cards have this option just by
looking at them?  I bought a large lot (40+) and intend to resell
them, probably on ebay.  I would like to know what extras they have or
don't have, so I can list them appropriately.

Thanks!

Joseph Tanner