[Asterisk-Users] Advice on configuration

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:55:28 MST 2006

Hi Paul

> I am looking to see if this is possible and any pointers if it is. It seems
> straight forward but not too sure.................
>
> I have 4 extensions 2000 to 2003
>
> I have one voip external account with Sipdiscount. I want any of the 4
> extensions to share that single sipdiscount account.

'share' as in dial out through? Assuming they're SIP phones....
several ways to do it, here's my favourite

sip.conf

[phone1]
..
context=sipphones

[phone2]
..
context=sipphones

[sipdiscount]
<stuff about your sipdiscount account>

extensions.conf

[sipphones]
<other-things-you-want-them-to-be-able-to-dial>
include => sipdiscount-outbound

[sipdiscount-outbound]

exten => <somepattern>,1,Dial(${EXTEN}@sipdiscount)

etc

> I also have 2 voip incoming numbers through another company (sipgate). I
> want one of these to ring 3 phones and the other one to ring the 4th
> extension if dialled.
>
> Is that possible?

Yep

sip.conf

register =>nnnn:yyyy at sipgate.co.uk/1111111
register =>mmm:xxx at sipgate.co.uk/2222222

[sipgate]
type=friend
host=sipgate.co.uk
insecure=very
context=sipgate-inbound

extensions.conf

[sipgate-inbound]

exten => 111111,1,Dial(SIP/2000&SIP/2001&SIP/2002)

exten => 222222,1,Dial(SIP/2003)

Give me a shout if you want more help

Peter

--