[Asterisk-Users] What is asterisk

bmw suzuki chillispot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 23:32:58 MST 2006

Hello all ... mY first ever post in here.
 I am bit or (full) confused on what this program does.is it useful if i
have a alcatel pabx system.And i can bill my guests for their call charges
etc..
 can i use it on calling another computer on the network via Ethernet
card.Ihave already read the Documentation,But if any one could clear
me up on the
above things.
how can i call a regular PSTN landline phone Via this software through
internet?Do i need dedicated hardware for this or an ethernet card will do.

please call me

Regards