[Asterisk-Users] interfacing w/ a legacy InterTel PBX

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 22:35:04 MST 2006

On 1/13/06, Gavin Hamill <gdh at laterooms.com> wrote:

> If your Axxess has T1/E1 switchable cards in it (as ours do), consider
> running the Axxess - Asterisk link in E1 mode since you'll then get 30
> usable voice channels as a 'freebie' :)
>
> My Asterisk + Axxess experiences have been a world of pain, but it's all
> working now with a Sangoma card - I gave up on the Digium stuff, but
> looking back I think it was more a bad set of coincidences (lots of
> badly made cables) and Dell hardware  :)

Hey Gavin - I'm resurrecting this old thread - perhaps you may have
some advice for me?

I was able to get my asterisk box linked up with my axxess pbx with a
T! PRI (using a digium card, no doubt).  Calling from an axxess keyset
to an asterisk IAX extension works great...no problems whatsoever.
However, when calling back the other way (from an IAX ext to my axxess
deskphone), all of the calls, no matter what extension is dialed, get
routed to the Front Desk "operator" extension.  Did you have to do
anything special on your axxess system to get calls to come back in
correctly?

Earlier today, Damon recommended that I should perhaps look at how
many digits the axxess system is setup to receive on that PRI
interface.  I tried to find that config value, but it appears that
since it's set up as a PRI, the "Recieve Digits" option goes away.  I
have created a call routing table on the axxess that should be taking
care of the inbound routing on that PRI interface, but it's not
working...

Ugh - does this all have to be so difficult??? :-)

Any sage bits of advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-Erik Anderson

--
Erik Anderson
http://andersonfam.org