[Asterisk-Users] Re: One Extension - Two Calls?

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Mon Mar 6 19:51:19 MST 2006

>Polycom IP501.  So do you set each line to register with the
>same info then?  Also, does this allow for two phones to have
>the same extension number and both get the call?  If so then I
>must have something else wrong because like I had written,
>only one phone rings if two are configured for the same extension.

To use more than 1 line key for a single registration you need to change
your phonexxxx.cfg for the polycom phone.  For example, here is a setup that
uses 3 line keys for the same registration and allows 1 call per key.  The
"key" portions of the setup are "lineKeys" (# of keys to show the
registration on) and "callsPerLineKey".

<phone1>
   <reg reg.1.displayName="2101"
        reg.1.address="2101"