[Asterisk-Users] streaming recordings

Jon-o Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 6 18:18:53 MST 2006

I have a project here that involves streaming conversations out to an
icecast server, and it would be great if asterisk were able to do this
nicely. So far, I've got it working by using a simple dialplan like
this:

exten => 22,1,MixMonitor(test.wav)
exten => 22,2,Dial(SIP/blabla at blabla.com)

No problems at all if I record to a file, but then I made test.wav a
fifo, and had oggenc read it, then pipe it to oggfwd, etc...

This does work, but generates a pile of warnings in the asterisk
console:
WARNING[16235]: format_wav.c:247 update_header: Unable to find our
position

I can shut off the warnings, of course, using logger.conf, but it still
seems kind of messy. I also need to start the commands reading that pipe
manually after initiating the call.

Can anyone suggest a better way to do this? I figure an AGI script could
probably start the streaming commands automatically if necessary, but it
seems to me that the ideal solution would be to avoid the use of the
FIFO entirely, since asterisk expects to be writing to a real file. I
had a quick look at EAGI, but wasn't sure if that would be best either,
but I'll have another look if anyone thinks it would be a good approach.

Thanks!
--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org