[Asterisk-Users] What hardware to use for ISDN in Romania

Juergen K. Zick syscon-lists at ifa.uni-kassel.de
Sat Mar 4 02:46:09 MST 2006

HI There

if the line is a standard EUROISDN with DSS1 protocol then it's not a risk
at all to take and to connect it. You get an S0 interface from your TELCO
and there cou can plug in any EUROISDN compliant equipment e.g. TAs, phones
and, of course, ASTERISK ...

I would suggest that you AT LEAST try to get an ISDN-TA  (ISDN <-->PSTN
converter for "old" analogue phones and fax machines) as well, for testing
and backup purposes. They are cheap to get e.g. for abt 2-5 EUR e.g. on EBAY.

Depending on your budgets (time and money), experiences and skills you can
equip your ASTERISK box with incoming and outgoing ISDN channels. You will
find quite a lot config examples for that, supposingly ISDN-cards with
HFC-S chipsets are the most versatile ... However, ISDN drivers are still a
bit tricky, but youo have depending on your kernel version at least
ISDN4LINUX, vISDN, mISDN and chan_modem, chan_capi, chan_capi-cm,
chan_misdn as config options ...

Anything else you shoul dbe able to find in the WiKis ...

Regards,

Jürgen