[Asterisk-Users] What hardware to use for ISDN in Romania

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Sat Mar 4 02:04:05 MST 2006

Hello everyone.

My land-line provider (Romtelecom) has a very nice offer for ISDN. All in
all they offer me a digital land-line with 1 base number + 2 MSN's and that
would make a grate addition to my full-time home office.

Romtelecom say they're providing EURO-ISDN and the line is compatible with
any euro-isdn compliant equipment. They say they'll install a NT at my
office and this NT will provide me with 1 (one) SO (or was that S0 - zero
opposed to the letter O?) port to connect to my PBX.

My questions:
What hardware do I use to connect the line to my Asterisk?
What are the risks involved (bad drivers etc)?
Has any one used this in Romania?

Thanks!