[Asterisk-Users] What hardware to use for ISDN in Romania

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Sat Mar 4 03:30:03 MST 2006

The line is supposed to be standard EUROISDN; I found no mention of DSS1 on
the technical specs page, I only found EUROISDN.

The TELCO is going to provide me with a NT equipment that has two analog
ports and two S0 ports; Of the two S0 ports one is supposed to be used to
connect the PBX to the NT; I've got no idea what the other ports are, I can
only guess the two analog ports will give me access to the two voice
channels using plain-old analog phones.

I'm asking about "risks" because I ran through the wiki's and ended up very
confused because it seems Asterisk's support for ISDN is driver-dependent
and drivers are obviously kind of hardware dependent.

The "risk" I'm talking about is signing up for a ISDN contract only to find
I can't get the drivers going, or I can't fully use the service. Since I
don't have access to any other ISDN installation OR ISDN hardware, all I've
got to go on is email, google and the wiki!

As a matter of fact I don't know what hardware to look for! Do I buy this
from a telco provider or from a computer hardware shop? Am I looking for
something listed in the "modem" category or for some other hardware? Since
there aren't that many Asterisk consultants in Romania I don't really know
where to ask. And yes, I did find MODULO in Bucharest (listed on the wiki as
consultants) but they did not return my last two emails so I'm on my own :-)