[Asterisk-Users] Call Waiting? Should this just work?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sat Mar 4 00:34:14 MST 2006

I realized today that my call waiting isn't working properly.  If I am
using the FXS attached phone and a call comes in the FXO,  it just goes
directly to voicemail, with no indication (call waiting beep).

If I flash there is a second dial tone, and I can initiate a second
call.

If I am dialed out through the FXO and another call comes in I hear the
call waiting beep, when I flash over I hear another dialtone rather
then the incoming call.

With the HT-488 this feature seemed to work.  With my new Wellgate
3701a I don't know what to do to make it go?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcomed.
Marty