[Asterisk-Users] Call Queue NOT using RoundRobin ?!?

Aaron Paxson aj at thepaxson5.org
Thu Jun 29 10:51:10 MST 2006

The linear function helps me too.  I've built an extensive multi-queue technical support system strategy.  Based on the initial queue, ALL calls goes to Tier1 first.  Then, if Tier1 does not get the call (on the phone/away from desk), Tier2 should get it, so on, and so forth.

In Tier1, the primary helpdesk technician (like your receptionist idea) takes ALL calls (That's what they were hired for).  However, others can help out, if the pri technician is on the phone.

Here's my question:

If roundrobin strategy remembers the last call made, and sends the next call to the next number (and this is by design), then why on earth was the RRMemory strategy created??

Thanks for your response, Alessio.

~~Aaron