[Asterisk-Users] Call Queue NOT using RoundRobin ?!?

Alessio Focardi afocardi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 10:31:59 MST 2006

Welcome to my personal hell ! :)

I'have been discussing this previously on the list and also with some digium
staff: to my experience there is NO way to archieve a linear distribution of
calls from a queue.

I mean

When a call comes in first member of the queue is ring, then second, etc

Subsequent calls take the same path: first, second and so on.

Someone has suggested to use "ringall" with penalties (pretty esotic!) but
also this is not working for the purpose.

I was also told that "nobody wants that" (you insensitive clod!) even if
this call distribution seems pretty logic in some case scenarios.

(hint: a receptionist is first member of a queue and another person is the
second ... receptionist goes for a pee and magically calls are rerouted to
the backup operator after ringing to the first).

Hope you can find out something to share, maybe we can also launch a "count
us" initiative :)

Alessio Focardi