[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Native Sound Distortion (ulaw)

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 29 08:42:30 MST 2006

I too have noticed problems with Asterisk native sounds using ulaw on
Asterisk 1.2.9.1.  Don't know about other versions but it seems to work
quite well in Astlinux 0.40.  In theory, since I am using ulaw for SIP there
is no transcoding so it is a more efficient use of CPU resources and it
should sound much better in general.  It does sound better except for the
frequent cracles, pops, and momentary dropouts which makes it much more
objectionable to listen to compared to the standard GSM files.

Is there a bug report on this yet?