[Asterisk-Users] AsteriskPT- Sucessfull routing Skype Calls to my * box. Incoming and Outgoing calls!!!

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Jun 28 01:39:43 MST 2006

On Wed, June 28, 2006 10:14, undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com said:
> Well, look at it this way: if you get the working, you can buy one of
> those
> tiny form-factor 386 boards with the 2 pcmcia slots and get a pcmcia
> soundcard
> and a ethernet port.  Run Linux off a CF card and have it setup to *only*
> interface with Skype and Asterisk.  Basically, make a Skype ATA, but it
> would
> convert Skype to SIP.  I think that could still be considered an ATA,
> right?
>  Or a gateway at least.
>
> Since you can make a Skype account for free and
> can (for right now) make US and Canada LD calls for free, I think the cost
> and time to make them would be worth it.  :)  And if you figure out a good
> price for them, people might even buy them from you....
>
> Undrhil

Another advantage is that you can reach all those people who have Skype
and are not willing to try Voipbuster or similar SIP based providers, and
tell them that SIP/IAX/Asterisk *is* the better solution, because they
cannot do the same with Skype the other way round!   ;-p

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch