[Asterisk-Users] 7960 help: transferring calls

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:08:07 MST 2006

Blind transfer is not possible via softkeys on the 7960 using chan_sccp.
However, check your features.conf.  You should have a line in there
regarding blind transfer.  I believe the default is #, but it recommended
changing that to ##.  I did this, and on my 7960s, you hit ## then the
extension you wish to transfer to.  This does requires use of the t or T
dial command options.  You'll have to look this up, as I can't remember
offhand which is needed, and it depends on whether the 7960 is the caller or
callee.

#2 and #3 I'll have to check on.  If I remember correctly, it's pretty
easy.

On 6/27/06, Chris Bagnall <asterisk at minotaur.cc> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Not specifically an asterisk query, but a couple of transfer queries that
> I'm sure are obvious to folks who use these phones all the time:
>
> 1) how does one do a blind transfer? When a call is answered and one hits
> the transfer button, followed by an extension, one has to wait for the
> other
> party to answer, then hit transfer again, before the call is released. I'm
> sure there must be an option to answer a call, then fire it straight off
> another extension without waiting for an answer?
>
> 2) if there are 2 incoming calls currently on the go (i.e. the first one
> has
> been put on hold for the operator to answer the second call), how does one
> determine which call will be transferred when the transfer button is
> pressed?  Is there a way to select the source call for a transfer prior to
> hitting transfer?
>
> 3) when handling 2 calls, how does one swap between them?
>
> These phones are running sccp through chan_sccp if that makes any
> difference
> to operation.
>
> Thanks in advance folks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
> --
> C.M. Bagnall, Director, Minotaur I.T. Limited
> This email is made from 100% recycled electrons

Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.