[Asterisk-Users] 7960 help: transferring calls

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Jun 27 07:56:44 MST 2006

Greetings all,

Not specifically an asterisk query, but a couple of transfer queries that
I'm sure are obvious to folks who use these phones all the time:

1) how does one do a blind transfer? When a call is answered and one hits
the transfer button, followed by an extension, one has to wait for the other
party to answer, then hit transfer again, before the call is released. I'm
sure there must be an option to answer a call, then fire it straight off to
another extension without waiting for an answer?

2) if there are 2 incoming calls currently on the go (i.e. the first one has
been put on hold for the operator to answer the second call), how does one
determine which call will be transferred when the transfer button is
pressed?  Is there a way to select the source call for a transfer prior to
hitting transfer?

3) when handling 2 calls, how does one swap between them?

These phones are running sccp through chan_sccp if that makes any difference
to operation.

Thanks in advance folks.

Regards,

Chris