[Asterisk-Users] best hardphone for Asterisk?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jun 26 07:14:35 MST 2006

I guess I did not make my point clearly enough. I already do have just
that. An spa-3000 with ALL internal analog phones on it's on FXO. But this
gives just ONE extension for all phones. Yes I could get more FXS's and
run seperate wires.

So with that background what would be nice is a wireless device like the
Panasonic cordless with one base and multiple phone capability that
connected via ethernet and serves the phones. Just wishful thinking. I
will stick with what I have until something useful, sylish, and less
expensive arrives.

Doug

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Michael George wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 12:08:48AM -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:
> > Still awfully pricey for home use and the styling is not there for a
> > bedroom or many other areas of a modern home. What we need is a wireless
> > sip phone modeled like the panasonic or uniden which allow multiple
> > extension off of one base. The base would connect to the internet. The
> > other problem is many of these phones require power, so even if you have
> > backup for your central system the phone still needs to be on it. Power
> > over ethernet would help.
>
> 1. If you have *, you don't necessarily need multiple handsets off of one
> 	base.
> 2. Cordless phones also require power
> 3. If the multi-handset cordless phone does suit your needs best, then
> 	get a SIP ATA device like a Sipura or IAXy and you should have your
> 	needs met.
>
> --
> -M
>
> There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
> 	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *