[Asterisk-Users] best hardphone for Asterisk?

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Mon Jun 26 05:47:56 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 12:08:48AM -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:
> Still awfully pricey for home use and the styling is not there for a
> bedroom or many other areas of a modern home. What we need is a wireless
> sip phone modeled like the panasonic or uniden which allow multiple
> extension off of one base. The base would connect to the internet. The
> other problem is many of these phones require power, so even if you have
> backup for your central system the phone still needs to be on it. Power
> over ethernet would help.

1. If you have *, you don't necessarily need multiple handsets off of one
	base.
2. Cordless phones also require power
3. If the multi-handset cordless phone does suit your needs best, then
	get a SIP ATA device like a Sipura or IAXy and you should have your
	needs met.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.