[Asterisk-Users] best hardphone for Asterisk?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Jun 26 10:02:26 MST 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Doug Crompton wrote:

> I guess I did not make my point clearly enough. I already do have just
> that. An spa-3000 with ALL internal analog phones on it's on FXO.
That's wrong,  phones hook to an FXS.
>  But this
> gives just ONE extension for all phones. Yes I could get more FXS's and
> run seperate wires.
I am using a HT-488 as my secondary FXS, which works ok,  but still has
problems with DTMF unless I use inband through  the gateway a wellgate
3701a in my case.

> So with that background what would be nice is a wireless device like
> the
> Panasonic cordless with one base and multiple phone capability that
> connected via ethernet and serves the phones. Just wishful thinking. I
> will stick with what I have until something useful, sylish, and less
> expensive arrives.
Yeah, that does sound nice...

I have a panasonic cordless hooked to the HT-488,  this gives me
mobility with my preferred fxs, and also allows for multiple calls to
occur which is very slick.  ie I can call out long distance and calls
can still arrive through the fxo to the other house phones.  This is
kind of disorienting to housemates who are used to standard phone
systems ;~)

Marty