[Asterisk-Users] best hardphone for Asterisk?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Jun 25 21:08:48 MST 2006

Still awfully pricey for home use and the styling is not there for a
bedroom or many other areas of a modern home. What we need is a wireless
sip phone modeled like the panasonic or uniden which allow multiple
extension off of one base. The base would connect to the internet. The
other problem is many of these phones require power, so even if you have
backup for your central system the phone still needs to be on it. Power
over ethernet would help.

Doug

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, shadowym wrote:

> I believe all three Aastra phones(9112, 9133i, 480i)have exactly the same
> handsets and speakerphone hardware which is THE most
> important thing.  After that it just depends on what
> additional features you want.  They are ALL solid business
> phones IMHO and Aastra's support of the Asterisk community
> and the end user is outstanding!

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *