[Asterisk-Users] troubleshooting echo on speakerphone

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Jun 23 18:43:26 MST 2006

I've not used it with VoIP, but we have a speakerphone which we have
used on occasion in a meeting where someone was unable to attend.

When it is turned on, it sends out a 'ping' and measures the echo
response of the room, and perfectly cancels out all of the echo
thereafter, unless it is moved. If it is moved then the echo becomes
horrible.

A cheaper unit might not do echo cancellation quite as well.

James

This