[Asterisk-Users] troubleshooting echo on speakerphone

T. Shaw xytek at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:47:37 MST 2006

Hello all,
I'm looking to troubleshoot some echo issues and possibly "studdering" while
using the speakerphone with the Intellitouch ITC3002. On the hardware end, i
have a 2621 setup as the router with some policy maps for qos, and a 2900XL
with cos priority set to 5. I have setup created 2 vlans currently (really
small office), 1 for corp/data, and 2 voice vlan. Asterisk is on the 2nd
vlan as well as the phones and i have the 2621 doing intervlan routing.

Currently we have VOIP calls coming in and out, but when calls are placed
and speakerphone is utilized, the FAR end hears echo of themselves. This
would happen regardless of who placed the call.

Any ideas on where i can start cutting down the echo problem?
The phones come with echo-cancellation and is turned on. Thephones also have
VAD but is currently not on. Would this make a difference while utilizing
the speakerphone?

Terrelle