[Asterisk-Users] troubleshooting echo on speakerphone

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sat Jun 24 10:01:43 MST 2006

On 24 Jun 2006, at 02:43, James Harper wrote:

> I've not used it with VoIP, but we have a speakerphone which we have
> used on occasion in a meeting where someone was unable to attend.
>
> When it is turned on, it sends out a 'ping' and measures the echo
> response of the room, and perfectly cancels out all of the echo
> thereafter, unless it is moved. If it is moved then the echo becomes
> horrible.
>
> A cheaper unit might not do echo cancellation quite as well.
>
> James

I know this isn't what you asked about, but we have been using this:
http://www.usr.com/products/voip/voip-product.asp?sku=USR9610
It's a USB device, but it has a decent built in echo can.

I had mine in the kitchen at home with a stone floor and tiled
walls, works a treat!

I had to buy another one as the managing director has mine!

His only complaint is that the speaker is a bit weak, but it has
a headphone output socket, which he plugged into a pair
of JBL speakers, and is _very_ happy with the result.

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com