[Asterisk-Users] New to the list.

Fran Serrano fran at redfraser.com
Fri Jun 23 09:05:29 MST 2006

Hi all,

    First of all I wanted to give my salutations to everyone in the list.

    In second hand, let's see if anyone may help me with a problem i've got.

    I bought a Developer Kit from Digium (TDM11B + ST2030 + Asterisk book)

    I installed a new server over Asterisk at home with the card plugged in it.

    Everything during the installation went fine.

    Now I connected the telephone wire (from the telephone company) into
the FXO RJ11.

    The problem is that, using a X-Lite softphone SIP client i'm not
able to call anyone from outside, I mean a regular telephone number.
    It registers the extension OK.

    When I try calling anyone, I always get a loopback connection,
hearing myself.

    When I try from the ST2030 IP Hardware Phone I get two short tones
and that's it, and when I try to call extension 200 (the ST2030) from
extension 201 (Softphone) I always get a Digital receptionist telling me
that extension 200 is on the phone.

    Could anyone give me a tip about where should be the problem? Is
there anything I need to dial before the number? How should I procced?

    Any idea?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    Fran.