[Asterisk-Users] Monitor a particular SIP call for training purposes

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Wed Jun 21 02:23:08 MST 2006

Hi,

I've been asked if it is possible to allow a user to listen in on another
users call for training purposes.  I know there are ways to monitor zap
channels with apps like zapscan but I don't think this would be
appropriate for these users.  Can I do:

Call comes in for user on ext 3210
User on 3222 dials a predefined number say *888.  They can then listen in
on the call that user on 3210 is having.

extensions.conf would go something like:

exten => *888,3210,ListenIn()

Is there anything like this.  Basically to allow one user to listen to
another users calls ( but only that user )

Hope I made myself clear.

Thank you in advance

Phil.