[Asterisk-Users] How to use a data T-1?

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Mon Jun 19 11:14:28 MST 2006

I honestly do not see the big deal about using g729.  It is a one-time
fee and you would only need to buy as many licenses as you have people
in ivr or voicemail if you have g729 phones.  For a business this is not
a major expense. You are talking about spending $100-$200 (max $480 for
all 48 potential callers if you don't have g729 phones) to expand a T-1
from 23 calls (PRI) to 48 calls by your measurement - a doubling of the
usage of the T-1 for less than one month's cost of the T-1.  ROI at less
than a month? That's a slam-dunk for most businesses.