[Asterisk-Users] What type of T1 Cards to use for my Asterisk PBX

dthurn at tstt.net.tt dthurn at tstt.net.tt
Mon Jun 19 04:56:56 MST 2006

My Telco is bringing a T1 line to my company. It will be delivered via
Copper. From my research on the net and in this group, I've found out that I
have the following options:

·  OPTION 1 - Ensure that the My PBX Equipment (CPE) provides a T1
interface.
·  OPTION 2 - Convert the T1 into 24 standard analog lines. This would
require channel bank.

I use Asterisk, my existing system has 12 analog trunk lines. From the
options mentioned above,

1) Are there any preferences with Option 1 vs Option 2?
What do you recommend.?

Thanks
---Dakota