[Asterisk-Users] T1 delivered via Copper

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Sun Jun 18 05:19:57 MST 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 14:07, dthurn at tstt.net.tt wrote:
> If my Telco tell me that they can give me a T1 delivered via
> Copper how many options does the Telco company have.

That's up to them. You could ask them what delivery options they
have for T1.

> Option 1) T1 is carried over some form of  DSL

Have no experience with T1, but with E1, as someone mentioned
earlier on this list, when carried over copper, an HDSL carrier
is not uncommon, with an HDSL modem at your end and another at
the telco's end. Some of these HDSL modems can do between 5.8Km
to 10Km.

However, if the telco can deliver the T1 over a fibre up to your
building's telecomms infrastructure, or to your own facility
assuming they can terminate their fibre onto some node there,
you wouldn't have to worry too much about that.

Mark.