[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to HandleComplexFailoverSituations

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Jun 15 12:22:40 MST 2006

Unless there's a server failure.

> If that's right, then why use DUNDi for the queues, just set up an
> extension (i.e. the queue entry point) that goes straight
> into the queue
> instead of using DUNDi for it, which adds more logic to
> something VERY
> simple.  Since the phones are registered to that server,
> obviously they
> will drop into the local queue and not some random one.
Have a read of the post 'Distrubuted ACD Scenario' posted earlier. It really explains it clearly, and states what the sticking point is. Also have a read of Bradley Watkins post. He seems to have a grasp of it, and doesn't see a simple solution.

> You're making something dynamic that really shouldn't be
> dynamic at all.
> When the failover happens, the new primary server will have
> the queue set
> up, and anyone calling in will be calling into the queue on
> that server.

Not necessarily. They might be calling in from a different server. We have to ensure that we lookup the correct combination of primary/secondary server for the queue, and what's actually available, and IAX the call over to THAT box to process the Queue() command.

> Now, if you're calling in from another server, i.e. someone outside
> calling in, you can then use DUNDi with weights to drop them onto the
> right server, but that's another story.
>
> Finally, in order for the LOCAL server's DUNDi response to
> show up, you
> have to add the server to dundi.conf.  So, so pbx1 has to be
> in pbx1's
> file, just like the other servers do.

No... this last bit doesnt. My dundi.conf has:
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx1,100,IAX,dundi1:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx2,200,IAX,dundi2:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx3,300,IAX,dundi3:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial

What are you suggesting I change it to? Something like this?

180q => global_dundi_q_pbx1,100,IAX,dundi1:${SECRET}@$xxx.187.142.205/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx2,200,IAX,dundi2:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
180q => global_dundi_q_pbx3,300,IAX,dundi3:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial

I really don't follow.