[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to HandleComplexFailoverSituations

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:40:03 MST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> No... this last bit doesnt. My dundi.conf has:
> 180q => global_dundi_q_pbx1,100,IAX,dundi1:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
> 180q => global_dundi_q_pbx2,200,IAX,dundi2:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
> 180q => global_dundi_q_pbx3,300,IAX,dundi3:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
>
> What are you suggesting I change it to? Something like this?
>
> 180q => global_dundi_q_pbx1,100,IAX,dundi1:${SECRET}@$xxx.187.142.205/${NUMBER},nopartial
> 180q => global_dundi_q_pbx2,200,IAX,dundi2:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
> 180q => global_dundi_q_pbx3,300,IAX,dundi3:${SECRET}@${IPADDR}/${NUMBER},nopartial
>
> I really don't follow.

Here's an example.  We have two primary call servers, both are capable of
handling the call volume if one fails out.  They're scm1 and scm2.

scm1 has a peer section for itself, so it shows up during lookups.  scm2
has a peer section for itself as well.  They also have peer sections for
each other and for the gateways:

scm1:
[00:E0:81:25:28:D3]
model = symmetric
host = sgw1
inkey = sgw1
outkey = scm1
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes

[00:14:22:13:90:8D]
model = symmetric
host = scm1
inkey = scm1
outkey = scm1
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes

[00:14:22:13:B6:B6]
model = symmetric
host = scm2
inkey = scm2
outkey = scm1
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes

[00:13:72:4E:D7:54]
model = symmetric
host = sgw2
inkey = sgw2
outkey = scm1
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes

scm2 will be exactly the same except it has an outkey of scm2.  This
should fix your issue with having dundi lookup on the local machine.

I'm not gonna try to understand your ACD stuff right now, so I'll just
figure you need DUNDi for that and give up on it :)  Too busy fixing the
voicemail app.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician