[Asterisk-Users] Can this config sustain 30 users?

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Tue Jun 13 09:31:07 MST 2006

Erick,

Please see message: "Paul Mahler: Asterisk Scalability" at the following
link:

http://asteriskvoip.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_asteriskvoip_archive.html

Much slower machine than yours was involved in tests:

47 Simultaneous VoiceMail messages
333 Simultaneous SIP Calls
122 Pass through calls
Slightly less than 47% CPU Utilisation

I personally think from my experience that Asterisk with wholesale usage
is a CPU hog, other components are not that important (depends
on usage patterns of course, but we are talking regular office PBX usage).

Andrei