[Asterisk-Users] Good ATAs from companies other than Sipura/Linksys?

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 13:51:47 MST 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:
> First of all, I'm not knocking Sipura/Linksys.  I have heard very good
> things about their products.
>
> I'm just wondering if they are the only quality shop on the market.  I
> know about the zoom 5801 where you can't dial out the FXO from SIP,
> only from the FXS port.  And I have heard similar about the HT-488 also.

Weird, you can with a linksys/sipura SPA3k.
> I want to know if anyone else makes ATAs where all of the features
> work as advertised.  If it has two FXS ports, I want to be able to use
> both at once, from Asterisk, same for T.38 and etc.
AFAIK you can with a linksys PAP2/SPA 2k, just not with both ports using
a compressive codec at the same time.

I use a pair of Atcom AG-468s which are Myson Century CS6220-based units
(with a Myson firmware) that support T.38 and G.729 on all 4 ports
simultaneously, its biggest let downs are that you can only use 2
different servers (so not a different provider for each port), hardly a
problem if it only connects directly to asterisk and only the most
recent firmware release has been stable. (MWI used to cause it to crash).

> So, what's out there that I don't know about in the world of quality
> ATAs?
I'm buggered if I know, I can only afford cheap.
(Cisco 18x/Sipuras/Linksys).