[Asterisk-Users] GXP-2000

Daniel Salama lists at infoway.net
Tue Jun 6 20:26:20 MST 2006

Well, these are encouraging words :)

You're basically telling me that I should tell my client to buy other
phones. I agree that you cannot compare these phones with Cisco or
Polycom. After all, like you said, what do you expect for under $90.
However, the fact is that my client just recently invested in these
and it will be hard, if not impossible, for me to tell my client to
swap them for Polycoms or something else at a much higher cost.

I have heard complaints from my client about the speakerphone and
they are now, I guess, getting used to picking up the handset :). I
have heard any echo problems so far. What bothers me the most is that
the phone stops working often (multiple times per day). By this I
mean that my client won't be able to dial anything successfully. As
soon as 3 or 4 digits are entered, they get a fast busy. To solve it,
they need to reboot it. It sounds as if these phones were running
Windows instead of Linux :)

Anyway, what firmware did you use that solved so many of your problems?

Thanks,
Daniel