[Asterisk-Users] skype out

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Sun Jun 4 06:38:15 MST 2006

At least two such Skype gatewats already have been written. I have tried PSWG but not been happy with the results. The principle works by decoding the Skype call using a Skype client
(requires Windows PC with Skype logged in) and using some faux audio drivers in the host system to pass the audio streams Asterisk (or any registrar/proxy) via SIP.

There's a lot of latency implicit in this process. That adds delay to the call. For me it was not a good solution. Others may have fared better.

Michael