[Asterisk-Users] skype out

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Mon Jun 5 15:09:57 MST 2006

I've tried PSWG (latest version 3), enough to suggest that everyone
should stay away from that app. Not stable.

I'm using SIP-to-Skype/Skype-To-SIP software gateway called Uplink
(found in Wiki): http://nch.com.au/skypetosip/ - which is free and
working great so far. Downsides are:
- you need to have a Windows PC, and you cannot have more than one call
on this PC
- no support for DTMF (Asterisk does not recognize digits you press no
matter what)

Skype-SIP latency is somewhat bearable.

Andrei (MPI)