[Asterisk-Users] Problems and questions with setting up a Feature Group D trunk to a Nortel DMS-10 switch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jun 2 16:17:04 MST 2006

----- John Fulton <jfulton at arctic.net> wrote:

> I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. There are no good examples
> that I've been able to find on how to wink and grab the ANI digits
> from the switch, or if asterisk does this automagically and hides the
> digits in a variable somewhere. The only references I've found to ANI
> in the documents refer to PRI, and Feature Group D is a E&M trunk.

If this signaling mode is supported, it will be entirely inside chan_zap, not something you will do in your dialplan.

It does not appear there are any signaling modes in chan_zap that send a wink in between receiving the called number and the calling number (ANI); the FEATD modes send a wink, wait for a digit string (which they expect to be in the format *NNNN...*NNNNN...*) and then send a final wink to acknowledge the receipt of the dial string. The digit string is then split into called number and calling number and the call process continues.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer