[Asterisk-Users] Problems and questions with setting up a Feature Group D trunk to a Nortel DMS-10 switch

John Fulton jfulton at arctic.net
Fri Jun 2 16:09:27 MST 2006

I currrently have Asterisk 1.2.8 with a TE110P Zaptel card tied to our Nortal DMS-10 switch via T1.

This T1 trunk is configured for Feature Group D MF.

The purpose of this is for LD delivery to a VoIP LD provider as a LD choice for our customers off of the DMS-10.

When I sieze a channel on the zaptel, I get a spill of digits from the switch that is the called number, and I can see that in asterisk as the ${EXTEN} and the switch is stripping the 1, so I see NXXNXXXXXX from the switch.

Supposedly after I get the called number spill from the switch, I'm supposed to wink the trunk and then get an ANI spill of the called-from number.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. There are no good examples that I've been able to find on how to wink and grab the ANI digits from the switch, or if asterisk does this automagically and hides the digits in a variable somewhere. The only references I've found to ANI in the documents refer to PRI, and Feature Group D is a E&M trunk.

I don't even have to worry about calls coming from the VoIP network back to the DMS-10.. I only need to forward outbound calls from the switch to the LD VoIP provider.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John Fulton
Anchorage, AK