[Asterisk-Users] Polycom-Asterisk hints/presence

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jun 2 10:51:28 MST 2006

Oh sweet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob McKrill [mailto:rmckrill at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 11:25 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Polycom-Asterisk hints/presence

According to the release notes for Polycom's SIP 1.6.6 firmware the "Buddy Watch" limitations have been increased from 8 watched buddies to 48 which would give you enough to watch status on three (14 button) side cars.

Haven't tested it but read a discussion in the forum about it and plan to test it with a couple of my customers.

On 6/2/06, Sean Cook < scook at kinex.net> wrote:

> Sean,
>
> Where did you find that quote, I would like to see the rest of the
> thread if there was relevant discussions.
>
> Thanks.

It was really a two email thread... I had sent an email asking what the
status of BLA/SCA:  Here is the entire thread:

Sean Cook wrote:

> > I take it SCA/BLA isn't going to make it into 1.4.  Anyone have any idea
> > when support will be added to asterisk for this?

There has been no BLA support written at this point, and it does not
appear that when we do it we will even use SIP-B to get there. SIP-B is
very complex (overly so) and doesn't seem like a practical solution for
implementing basic key system type functionality.

However... I can say that an implementation of this functionality is
being worked on at this time, and we intend to make it available in
Asterisk as soon as we can. It will most definitely not be in 1.4, but I
would expect it to appear some time early in the next development cycle
and be part of Asterisk 1.6.