[Asterisk-Users] SIP Trunking

Steven Haldeman haldeman_79 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 12:29:01 MST 2006

Hello,

  I am attempting to figure out how to set up SIP trunking, between my company and our SIP provider.  This is an expermintal project at this time.  The SIP provider gave us a Signalling IP address and two Media IP addresses.  We supplied them with the IP address of our Asterisk box.  When asked what our Usernames and Passwords would be we were told that they were not needed for a SIP trunk.  We can use what they call SIP lines that use username/password however because of tarrifing the lines cost more per month than a trunk I have been successfull in making a SIP Line work, but have no idea where to start with a SIP Trunk.  We sill be using DID numbers on the SIP trunks.  Has anyone had any experiance with this type of configuration an example would be extrememly helpfull.

  I have search the internet for help and I may have seen a solution but just was not certain what I was looking at, or how to implement as everything that I have seen user a Username/Password combo.

  Thank you in advance.

  Thanks
  Steven

http://mail.yahoo.com