[Asterisk-Users] Limited Queue Overflow Puzzle

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Jun 2 10:35:10 MST 2006

I want to overflow calls when all of my local agents are busy and send
up to ten calls to a remote site over TDM (Basically a trunk to trunk
transfer).  The catch is that after ten calls I want additional calls to
start stacking up in my local queue and when one of the ten remote
agents becomes available, I want to send them the oldest call in queue.

Having the remote agents dial into the system as agents is not a
possiblility, we have to send them as outgoing TDM calls.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to put a short
timeout on the queue in the dialplan and have the next step be a call to
the remote site with a maximum number of channels (10) and then the next
step is to put them back into the queue.  Not very clean, I know.

Can anyone offer a better solution?

Thanks,
Steve