[Asterisk-Users] astdb entry in sip.conf

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Jun 1 06:21:52 MST 2006

That's a shame, as I was hoping to use it. Our sip.conf file is produced
automatically by a generator and ftp'd to the * server, so there is no
manual editing by the administrator .

I was wanting to link an [extension] to an email address so that I can
do some stuff in the dialplan. This would be a trivial and automatic
thing to do (I would just add the code to the generator)

Instead now I've got to make sure that the administrator is reminded to
manually update the astdb everytime an email address for the extension
changes or new phones / people are added or removed.

As you say, it can be done manually. I just don't like manual things, as
they can be "forgotten" easily, and for the sake of 5 lines of code it
would make *my* (being selfish here) life so much easier.

Just my .2p worth.

Julian.