[Asterisk-Users] astdb entry in sip.conf

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 1 06:29:02 MST 2006

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

> Instead now I've got to make sure that the administrator is reminded to
> manually update the astdb everytime an email address for the extension
> changes or new phones / people are added or removed.

As the notes in that original bug told you, there's lots of other ways
to accomplish this using existing facilities. If your sip.conf is being
generated from a database, then you can easily use a database lookup
function directly from the dialplan to query that same database. It's
possible to add and remove astdb entries via the manager interface, if
you are using that.

Certainly you are welcome to apply this relatively small patch to your
own systems if you find it useful; that's one of the benefits of using
an open source tool, you aren't forced to accept anyone else's idea of
what is 'right' for you :-)