[Asterisk-Users] astdb entry in sip.conf

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 1 05:38:21 MST 2006

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

> However, the option *did* make it's way into sip.conf, so I guess that
> the real bug is that the option is in sip.conf.

Yes, and I will fix that in a few minutes.

> Devels: Any chance of getting 3359 re-opened and put into asterisk ?

No, because it's doesn't really provide any value at all. The system
administrator can just as easily create the relevant astdb entry when
creating the sip.conf entry; the astdb entry is not based on the SIP
peer's registration or reachability or anything dynamic in nature. There
is also no way to ensure that the astdb entry is _removed_ if the
sip.conf entry is removed.