[asterisk-users] bugs.digium.com

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Thu Jul 27 08:00:50 MST 2006

Dear All,

I just wanted to comment on this point of the discussion:

> In a PRODUCTION environment, you can't be running a sip debug to your
   > console.

   In a PRODUCTION environment you have all of these issues worked out in your
   test lab before deploying to production.

I do agree with Douglas that having a way to log the debug of sip to a file
would be a great option available to use in production, you cannot test a
problem occuring to a production system in the lab or even expect problems
before going into production to resolve them in the lab, I believe the russel
didn't understand well what the request was.

But I do hope you can file the bug and really make it obvious that it's a
feature request, and I believe someone will take care of it.

Thx
MAG

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> On Thursday 27 July 2006 10:32, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> > It clearly is a bug, or at the VERY least, a limitation that needs to be
> > fixed. So why the hell did he give me -2 karma points and say 'not actually
> > a bug'. Fine... so how do you file an enhancement request then? If there's
> > no way to file an enhancement request, then this is the most appropriate
> > place to file this.
>
> When I report a bug, I can say it's for a "Feature Request".  Perhaps that's
> what you should have done?
>
> > Its damn irritating not being able to have 'sip debug' output go to a file
> > only, and this is what the options in logger.conf imply you should be able
> > to do, which is another reason I don't understand why he took this
> > irrational action.
>
> It's perfectly rational. You posted a bug that is at best a feature request.
> That's where the -2 came from.  I agree with you in the sense that it should
> not have been closed but simply readdressed, but that's not my call.
>
> > In a PRODUCTION environment, you can't be running a sip debug to your
> > console.
>
> In a PRODUCTION environment you have all of these issues worked out in your
> test lab before deploying to production.
>
> -A.

Thx
MAG