[asterisk-users] bugs.digium.com

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jul 27 07:48:22 MST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 10:32, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> It clearly is a bug, or at the VERY least, a limitation that needs to be
> fixed. So why the hell did he give me -2 karma points and say 'not actually
> a bug'. Fine... so how do you file an enhancement request then? If there's
> no way to file an enhancement request, then this is the most appropriate
> place to file this.

When I report a bug, I can say it's for a "Feature Request".  Perhaps that's
what you should have done?

> Its damn irritating not being able to have 'sip debug' output go to a file
> only, and this is what the options in logger.conf imply you should be able
> to do, which is another reason I don't understand why he took this
> irrational action.

It's perfectly rational. You posted a bug that is at best a feature request.
That's where the -2 came from.  I agree with you in the sense that it should
not have been closed but simply readdressed, but that's not my call.

> In a PRODUCTION environment, you can't be running a sip debug to your
> console.

In a PRODUCTION environment you have all of these issues worked out in your
test lab before deploying to production.

-A.