[asterisk-users] One way "screech" or tone

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Jul 26 06:01:38 MST 2006

Bill Gibbs wrote:

> Randomly, and this is very hard to debug because it happens so quickly
> on outbound calls I get a one way screech, it's a steady tone that's
> very loud.  The remote end cannot hear it.  You can hear the person
> talking through the tone.  I can't describe it but it's bad enough you
> have to hang up and call back, and everything then is of course fine
> since it's so random I have not been able to reproduce it on demand.

jbot: Echo Canceler Freak Out, this happens when the rxgain is too high
and the echo canceler freaks out.  Some users describe it as
"screeching", "feedback", "static", or other useless terms.  If users
report "static" on a system where there cannot be static (all digital,
PRI, SIP, etc), you might be experiencing ECFO.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.