[asterisk-users] One way "screech" or tone

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Tue Jul 25 07:19:34 MST 2006

Asterisk 1.2.4

Various hardware on the PBXs - P4 3ghz, Celerons, etc

Polycom phones running 1.6.5 or other ATA hardware

Talking to Cisco 3660 for PRI access as well as a Cisco 3660 for long
distance

Ulaw or g729

AMP or FreePBX as the GUI to control

Randomly, and this is very hard to debug because it happens so quickly
on outbound calls I get a one way screech, it's a steady tone that's
very loud.  The remote end cannot hear it.  You can hear the person
talking through the tone.  I can't describe it but it's bad enough you
have to hang up and call back, and everything then is of course fine
since it's so random I have not been able to reproduce it on demand.

I was going to upgrade to 1.2.10 tonight to test but was curious to see
if anyone else had similar situations they have experienced.

Bill