[asterisk-users] Callback: Dial(dummy) 10 seconds rining without costs?

Robert Michel news at robertmichel.de
Wed Jul 19 08:27:40 MST 2006

Salve *!

What is the trick to let the caller hear 10 seconds free-ringing sound
and then the busy signalisation of his telco without costs for him?

exten => sip1/Unknown,1,Wait(10)
exten => sip1/Unknown,2,Hangup

Will not create a free-ringing, but:

exten => sip1/Unknown,1,Dial(SIP/hardwarephone,10)
exten => sip1/Unknown,2,Hangup

How do I create a dummy for the ring-signalisation?
Ringing(10) would pickup and create costs for the caller.

BTW what does Answer do exactly? I like to avoid that the caller
has to pay. Answer="Cost for the Caller"?

And are more then the free, busy signalisation that I could activate
with SIP and asterisk? Something like "person you called is temporary..."
or "number you called does not exist..."?

Greetings,
rob