[asterisk-users] Re: Callback: Dial(dummy) 10 seconds ringing without costs?

Robert Michel news at robertmichel.de
Wed Jul 19 11:49:38 MST 2006

Salve *!

I got it¹ ;)

Robert Michel schrieb am Mittwoch, den 19. Juli 2006 um 17:27h:
> What is the trick to let the caller hear 10 seconds free-ringing sound
> and then the busy signalisation of his telco without costs for him?
>
> exten => sip1/Unknown,1,Wait(10)
> exten => sip1/Unknown,2,Hangup
>
> Will not create a free-ringing, but:
>
> exten => sip1/Unknown,1,Dial(SIP/hardwarephone,10)
> exten => sip1/Unknown,2,Hangup

[callback]

exten => dummy60,1,Wait(60)
exten => dummy60,2,Hangup()

exten => sip1/Unknown,1,Dial(SIP/dummy60 at callback,10,r)
exten => sip1/Unknown,2,Hangup

Any way to do it smarter?

> BTW what does Answer do exactly? I like to avoid that the caller
> has to pay. Answer="Cost for the Caller"?
>
> And are more then the free, busy signalisation that I could activate
> with SIP and asterisk? Something like "person you called is temporary..."
> or "number you called does not exist..."?

Any ideas/tips for different signalisations for the caller (free of cost)?

Greetings
rob

¹ Thanks to a friend in RL :)