[asterisk-users] Bad luck installing bristuff on multiple Linux'es. Any one got a good-luck story I can repeat?

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Wed Jul 19 01:10:25 MST 2006

I've been trying to install bristuff on my system for a really long time.
This is what I've done so far:

I started with a Asterisk at Home installation. I tried downloading and
compiling bristuff release - it didn't work. It was a long time ago, I
don't remamber what the problem was.
I tried compiling the latest bristuff (whatever "latest" was about 1-2
months ago). It failed to compile.

I download the full CentOS 4.3 and tried compiling both bristuff release
(0.2.0-RC8) and bristuff "latest". Again, whatever latest was about 2
weeks ago.

Next I found something about bristuff being known to work on kernel 2.4;
Since CentOS 4.3 has kernel 2.6 I downloaded CentOS 3 and tried
compiling both bristuff release (0.2.0-RC8) and the current release of
today (19 july 2006). I wasn't able to compile ither one of them.

Now, after downloading 2 DVD Linux images (CentOS 4.3 and CentOS 3) and
two CD Images (Asterisk at Home and Trixbox) and reinstalling everything a
few times, I think it's time to ask for help:

Would someone be so kind and tell my how they installed Bristuff from A
to Z? (that is, what version of Linux so I can download the same
version, what updates, what version of bristuff). I'm hoping for a quick
answer like: "Install LinuxVariant 10.20, install all updates using
LinuxVariantUpdateProgram, download bristuff version X.Y.Z, call
install.sh and be done with it".

Thanks,
Cosmin Prund